Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thursday

This morning brought us another BFN. Once again everything seemed perfect this cycle but we weren't successful. 7 IUI's down the drain!

I'm so disappointed that this didn't work. Previously when we got a BFN I'd be sad but I knew that we'd be able to try again the next month. Now its a different story, feels like its the end.

So for now we're done. We're taking a break possibly for the remainder of the year. I need to get my life back, it feels like I've put everything on hold - we hardly go out, I don't see my friends, I've picked up so much weight, etc. I don't know how but I've got to put myself back together again.

I'm not sure what the future holds for us but for now I'm considering donating my eggs in the next few months. I'm not sure if we'll go through with it but I'm seeing the FS in September to decide.

10 comments:

  1. Ugh, I am so sorry to hear this. SOmetimes a break is exactly what people need. What are your next options?

    Ugh, in the meantime-- go out, enjoy, have a glass of wine and reconnect. You don't have to lose yourself in this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. I totally understand about wanting to get your life back. Good luck on this next phase of your journey. This doesn't mean you have to give up. It can just be that...A break. You never know what the future holds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry this wasn't the month for you.... Enjoy your "break" and the time together... Don't lose hope that your time will come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh crap. I'm so sorry to hear this. I agree with Schroe that a break can be really great. The first few months of our break was really rejuvenating and totally necessary to keep out sanity. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about the BFNs. I think it's a good idea to take a break and recoup from months of ttc. It helps - trust me!

    We recently got back from a VERY long break and I didn't realize how bad I needed the break until we were in it. You go from living your life in two week incremints to living your life! I wish you two all the luck I can muster and I look forward to following your journey even through your break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry about that BFN. I wish I had been reading different news for you. I hope your break brings you some peace and lots of new options.

    ReplyDelete
  7. taking a break is good. donating eggs--wow! is there some sort of reciprocation if you decide to persue IVF in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well all the tests will be done free of charge and they'll know the quality of my eggs. Basically they'll get far more insight and I won't have to contribute financially for all the valuable results.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sad to read this. Take care of yourself. Big hugs to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog. Good luck with TTC, I'm on the same train and it's exhausting.

    ReplyDelete