I woke up to a beautifully sunny day. I was expecting to be a ball of nerves but I couldn't have been more relaxed. I think even if it had rained like we had worried it would I would still have been fine. I had a quick shower and got all my stuff together and off I went to the hair dresser, joined by my two girls. My hair was better than expected, better than both trials. We went straight to the venue and arrived early. Our photographer was already there and we were ushered to our room. A bottle of champagne and platter of yummy snacks greeted us and kept us busy while we waited for the make-up artist to arrive. We also quickly went and caught a glimpse of the reception venue where to decor was being set up. I couldn't believe my eyes, it was more gorgeous than I could have imagined. I was so relieved.
After our make-up was done and we were dressed our day-of-coordinator came to call us and escorted us to the chapel. Surprisingly I was still as calm as ever. As the music started my brother walked me down the aisle and I got a bit teary when I saw N standing there waiting for me. She looked amazing, I can't even find the right word for how good she looked.
The ceremony started and unfortunately it was a bit of a blur. The minister called me by a different name but made up for it really well. We signed the register and bam we were married! We were showered with petals then went down to the gorgeously sunny patio and had a cocktail before the photo session began.
Our photographer was trying to get us away all the time but there were so many people congratulating us that our session was cut a bit short. After the photo's everyone was seated in the reception venue and we entered and it all began. The speeches went well. My brothers speech was so hilarious and N's was so heartfelt.
Guests took notice of all the little details and all the things that we worked so hard on so it really went well.
I was really taken back by how accommodating the venue was. We had our own waiter by our side at all times (even during the photo session), we were escorted to the buffet to dish first every time, the coordinator first asked me before they did certain things - just to make sure its what we wanted and the food was spectacular! We were more than impressed with the food and the quality of it. The coordinator also moved all our stuff from our getting ready rooms to our honeymoon suite and even took all our gifts to our honeymoon suite too.
The rest of the night went off without a hitch and it was all so surreal! The only thing was my shoe's they hurt like no other, luckily I had bought flats as well and they were like heaven to put on.
We got to our suite at about 1:30 (remember the venue and bar had to close at 12:00) where roses, champagne, chocolates, cheese, biscuits and fruit were waiting for us. We still showered and opened gifts then flopped into bed. And the following morning we were greeted with a 5 star breakfast on the patio, it was all like a heavenly dream.
What a day!
sounds wonderful! can't wait to hear more :)
ReplyDelete