Monday, May 3, 2010

Tomorrow is the day!

I've neglected this blog so much but I have good reason, I promise.

My mom fell almost three weeks ago and wasn't able to walk afterwards. She's since been in hospital where she is no longer receiving the best care. The hospital was good in the beginning but now they're bad and don't take proper care of her. I don't want to go into too much detail now. She's meant to go to rehab to make her stronger so that she can walk again but the medical aid won't give authorization for it. Bastards!!

I'm praying like crazy that things improve for her. I'm hoping for a miracle!

Aside from all that, tomorrow is surgery day! I thought I'd be so nervous but I haven't even thought about it to be honest. I'm just hoping that all will be ok. I have to be admitted into hospital at 10 tomorrow morning and will hopefully be out a few hours later.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with surgery! Remember to bring throat lozenges for afterwards if they use general anesthesia (the numbing kind, preferably!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tip, thanks I'll get some

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your surgery!! Hope everything goes great for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of luck! I had a Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy and honestly the worse pain afterward was from the gas they bump in you. My back and shoulder blades hurt so bad. If this happens to you heat is your friend, so get a heating pad or hot water bottle just in case. This surgery did the trick for us! Hoping you get the same result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your mom gets better.

    Good luck for your surgery tomorrow. i'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete