I know I've said it before but wow I'm a really sucky blogger these last few months!
I've got a few things I can give updates on so here goes:
I'm currently on CD5. I went to the FS on Saturday for the CD2 baseline scan and had a quick chat to our FS. He is not happy about putting me on any medication. The first reason being that I ovulate on my own and my hormones are all fine. The second reason is that he doesn't know how I'll respond to the different meds, he seems worried about over stimulation. Everybody seems too damn cautious for my liking! Anyway aside from the meds we asked how many more IUIs he'd like to have us do before moving on to IVF. He seems to think that two more should be sufficient. After the last cycle I was already ready to throw in the towel with IUIs. I know IVF is more expensive but IUIs are pretty expensive too, especially with the scans and the cost of donor sperm. We left feeling pretty unmotivated and not convinced. But later I remembered that I wanted to ask him about why I was spotting a week before AF arrived. So luckily I have his email and sent him a quick one. Sunday morning he replied (impressive!) and said that that is a crucial piece of information and that I probably have low progrest.erone in the second half of my cycle. He said I'll be given a progest.erone after my IUI. Finally something!
Anyway we're still only convinced that we want to do one more IUI then move on. Lets hope we'll still have the finances available to move on to IVF.
I'm working at the moment, which is surprisingly good (touch wood). I only have a few weeks left and for once I wish it was a bit more. I have no supervision and can go out whenever and wherever I want. And I have my own office, which is bliss!
I've started a little business too. N suggested it actually and its taken off quite nicely. I started baking and selling to the staff at her company. My main orders have been Buttermilk Rusks, Peanut Butter Biscuits, Chocolate Dandy Biscuits and Banana Bread. The last few weekends have consisted of hours and hours of endless baking, but I'm enjoying thoroughly and hoping it will get busier. The cold weather is good as people tend to buy more comforting yummy snacks.
And that's it for now. I won't take forever to update again....I hope!
Good to hear from you! I've been wondering how things are going over there. Sorry the doc is being hesitant about using meds, but hoping that he's right and this next one will be it and you won't need them!
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you on your new cycle! Progesterone is definitely a good thing after IUI in my opinion! As yucky as the gel is to use every night, it's definitely helped me make a nice fluffy lining for the bean to burrow into! Hope this will prove to be the missing piece and give you gals a BFP this time around! :)
ReplyDelete