Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday

I'm a bad blogger, I know this! I haven't been blogging lately mostly because I haven't had anything constructive to contribute. I've been feeling so up and down this last week, one minute I'm in tears the next I'm fine. Just silly!

Anyway today I'm on CD6. I went in this morning to have an office Hysteroscopy and it wasn't too bad. I took pain killers beforehand just in case. I didn't have a chance to google the procedure so I didn't know what to expect. My FS was so good though, explaining along the way what he was doing and what I would be feeling. And of course N holding my hand and trying to get my concentration away from the pain & discomfort.

What he does is insert the speculum (have I told you how much I hate that damn thing?!). Then he wipes the mouth of the cervix. He then clamps the cervix while he gets this scary alien-looking instrument with a syringe filled with water on one end and whatever else it was at the other end. He inserts this thing through the cervix into the uterus and as the camera looks around he pushes water in. This is where the cramping begins. Once the view is clear he checked out the site where the septum was removed from and all was good. He removed all the instruments and said I'd have some water coming out for the next two days. So when I felt a little gush I thought nothing of it until he looked again and got slightly flustered - all the liquid was in fact blood. He said it was fine and wiped up as much as possible.

Next he did a follicle scan. It was the highlight of my day because he found two follicles - 10mm & 12mm. Usually I only make one follicle hence my excitement. I'm slightly concerned (although he isn't) that my lining is only 4mm, I wonder at what rate it thickens?

Monday morning I'll be back for another follicle scan.

In other news, our medical aid has totally totally let us down. The surgery that we paid for out of our own pockets was supposed to be refunded by the medical aid but no such luck. The bastards have now said they'll only refund 1/3 of the bill and then after that we still owe the hospital a HUGE co-payment. I have fought for the last three days with these idiots and there's just no way out. They absolutely infuriate me!

Our FS's practice has been in the media quite a lot lately. The FS that did my surgery was interview on regarding a type of IVF that might be available in the near future. And then my usual FS was the main guest on an hour long show about infertility. I was really impressed!

3 comments:

  1. I've been wondering about you. Glad you checked in. I hear you about not feeling like you have much to post, but it sounds like things are moving along still which is great. Sorry about the medical aid not coming through. That totally sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear everything is looking better for you after the surgery. 2 growing follies also!

    I wonder if he dislodged some of your lining when doing the Hysteroscopy and that is why your lining is thinner and you had bleeding...just a thought.

    Keep fighting that medical aid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great news after the surgery... just not the paying for it part... no test is fun, when you really dont want it.

    i hope that you can win your battle against the medical aid!

    ReplyDelete