Sunday, February 28, 2010

Scary day!

On Friday at about 15:00 I got word that N had been in a car accident. I immediately left home for the accident site. Obviously I was beyond panicked and drove like a maniac to get there. As I got closer the traffic was backed up on all sides due to the accident. I pulled onto the pavement, got out my car and started running up toward the site. Her car then started being more visible and the state that it was in and I was hit by the wave of shock. When I got closer and saw her dad I just started crying and asking where she was. Eventually they said she was ok but that the ambulance had taken her to the hospital. The police started asking me questions which I answered but then brushed them off to try get an understanding of what had happened. They gave me the address of the hospital and I ran back to my car and left for the hospital. On the way I called my brother to give me directions to the hospital as I had no idea where it was.

I got to the ER and ran in. One of the paramedics got my attention and asked if I was K, I told her I was, she explained what had happened and the condition in which N was in. They wanted me to fill out a load of paper work but I was shaking so much so they took me to see N first. The second I saw her I wanted to hold her and not let go but they said she wasn't allowed to move at all so I couldn't. She had a cut above one eye, the other eye had glass in so they had put some yellow stuff in and she had some bruises and stratches on her face and legs. She was still in shock but thankfully she seemed ok. For the next few hours they took x-rays of her neck and back and finally at 19:30 they gave her strong pain killers and said she was good to go.

It was so scary knowing that I could have lost her. When I was in the waiting room I was beside myself with worry, the last time I rushed to the ER I came home without my dad and I couldn't imagine going through something like that again. I prayed so much and thank God she's ok.

Her car is totally mangled and has been written off. I could post pics but blogger doesn't seem to want me too. When I'm able I'll put them up.

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow. How terrifying! Thank god she's ok, although I'm sure you'll both be quite shaken up for quite some time. Sending lots of healing thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That is scary!!! I'm so happy to hear that she is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh im so sorry sweety.. i am happy that she is ok. it is a scary feeling. But i am happy that she is still here. She will get better. Your love makes her better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. I am so sorry that sounds really scary. I am so glad that everyone was ok, car aside :)

    And..boo on AF showing up, but I guess that is minor in comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! How awful! I am so glad N is ok. What a scare for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy crap! thank god she's ok. bummer about the car, but at least you still have your wifey :) i hope she heals up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That IS awful. Glad that she is ok. Take care of her ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, how terrifying! I'm glad she is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How terrifying! You sure do know how to rush to your honey when she needs you! I am glad she is okay and hope you both spend a good peaceful few days recovering from your shock.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awful experience! Glad that she is okay and you were able to get to her so quickly. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That has to be a terrifying experience. I am so sorry but glad to read that N's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness; I only read this now because I'm so behind on my blogs. I really hope N is well and home with you now. *giant hug*

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg! glad to hear she is ok!

    ReplyDelete