Thank you all for your comments, we appreciate them all so much.
A lot of things have been going on lately. We seem to constantly be busy and not get any time to ourselves (whats new?!). The company that N works for got sold, they let all the staff go but kept N and her manager. They are understaffed and crazy busy so she's tired all the time and still recovering from the accident. Luckily we don't have to deal with only having one car, her mom lent her her car till she gets a new one, since I'm working again it would be so difficult to only use my car. Being back at work after 8 months is quite an adjustment, getting up so early and been away from home the whole day seems like such a distant memory.
Once again there's so much nonsense going on with my mom's company that my brother is running. My stress levels are at an all time high at the moment. I'm thinking about going for acupuncture as I hear that amongst other things it can be a great stress reliever.
On the TTC side of things - we are unsure how this cycle will go. We are finally able to go to a FS, but because of the timing of the appointment we might have to give this cycle a miss. Our appointment is on CD14, the day that I would normally ovulate and according to one of their nurses they are very strict and would first like me to undergo some testing before doing another IUI. Also they get their donor sperm from the opposite side of the country so it takes a bit of time before it gets here. I'm really upset that we'll have to skip this cycle as its our last chance for a 2010 baby, but I don't seem to have any control over this.
I've heard very good things about this group of fertility specialists so we're hoping that they live up to their good name. The particular FS that we could get an appointment with is believed to be a bit conservative and old school as far as seeing same sex couples are concerned. Apparently all the doctors get to see you at some point, I'm hoping that he's going to turn out to be nice.
Last week Tuesday our friends baby, Madison, was born. WOW! What a beautiful little girl. 3.18kg, 54cm and perfect! I went to see her in the hospital two days after she was born and was so taken back, the tears just flowed. She is now 1 week 3 days and has the best god parents ever - US!! We were ecstatic to hear that her parents had named us the god parents, what a privilege. I've already held her and fed her and am now overwhelmed by the need for our own little one. N is over the moon and I think Madison's birth has just given us that extra bit of confidence that we need to know that we can do this, we just need to get pregnant!!
Happy that N is feeling better. I know what you mean, it seems like everyone around me has a new baby or is pregnant... soon, soon.
ReplyDeletego for acupuncture. it helps so much! you'll probably need to go a few times though. it works best that way. stay positive:)congrats on the godchild!
ReplyDelete