Thursday, September 10, 2009

I had a feeling...

... that something was going to happen. For the last few weeks I've had this feeling that something was going to happen to my car thus preventing us from going on our honeymoon (since we're driving down).

On two separate occasions yesterday somebody almost drove into me so I was relieved when I got home and my car was untouched. But my luck ran out today when to my horror as I came out of the shopping centre my car was surrounded by security guards. Obviously I panicked and did a quick scan of my little black beauty, but couldn't see anything wrong. One of the security guards joked that somebody had tried to steal my car but I quickly saw what really happened. A huge SUV had parked next to me and as the driver got out of the car the wind slammed her door into mine. What kind of damage would that cause you ask, well with the very strong wind we have at the moment it caused enough damage for me to get totally shocked and immediately furious with the driver, who I couldn't really blame since it was mother nature's doing.

Its not such a bad dent, but it is dented and the paint is chipped off. I wouldn't have been so angry if it wasn't for the amount of money I would have to pay out of my own pocket, especially with the wedding just around the corner. I do have insurance but my excess is more than the cost of the damage. I've been advised to request that she pay for the damages but I doubt very much that she would be willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment