I've been wanting to get the luscious lashes eyelash extensions for quite some time now so I finally made the appointment and went ahead with it on Wednesday morning. BIG MISTAKE! It took about 2 hours to attach each lash individually with industrial strength glue and afterwards I couldn't decide if they felt or looked worse. Firstly they had a flick at the end of each eye which looked so incredibly fake and secondly each time I closed my eye they'd prick the rim of my eyelid.
The wonderfully competent salon, who by the way I had done research on before going to, insisted that I would get used to the uncomfortable feeling and would soon feel some relief as time went by. But as the day went on I couldn't shake the feeling that my eyes didn't feel right. I called the salon and insisted that I needed them removed, only to be told that they didn't have any appointments available. So of course I raised my voice and eventually got put through to the owner, who after a long conversation wherein mostly telling me that I was making a mistake wanting to get them removed, squeezed me in. Once I got there they could see how stupid it looked and persuaded me to only get the flicky parts at the ends removed, still insisting that the comfort levels would soon normalise. I let her remove the few lashes and wanted more off but she was so rough that she actually rubbed the skin off my eyelid, so I couldn't take the pain any longer.
I left and was miserable for the rest of the day. Yesterday being a public holiday in SA, all the salons were closed. My eyes were swollen, sore and uncomfortable. Bear in mind when you have lash extensions you can't rub your eyes, wear glasses and you cannot wipe your eyes once you've washed your face so all the water and any excess cleanser goes into them.
This morning I was on the phone bright and early. I begged the salon to fit me in to remove them, only to be told that she had no time and I should look on the internet for an alternative! Can you believe that?! I was furious! I did just that though, I went onto the website and after many calls finally found the most wonderful woman ever. Her voice and reassurance alone soothed me straight away. So off N and I went. When I lay in her chair she was absolutely stunned at what the pathetic salon had done to me. She said they had actually glued the lashes to my skin instead of 1mm away. They had filled my lashes with so much glue that it took a little over 2 hours to remove. Afterwards my eyes were sore and red but I was so happy just to have them off that I didn't care.
I know it sounds silly but you can't believe what a bad experience this was for me. It absolutely ruined my last few days before the wedding. Anyway I'm happy that they're off and I can close my eyes without pain!
Holy crap. Please share the name of this awful salon so I never go there!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your eyes are feeling better. Have a wonderful day!
that sounds ever so slightly nightmarish.
ReplyDeleteThat's dreadful! But think about trying them again somewhere else... seriously. I think the eyelash extensions were the single thing that made me feel most purdy the whole wedding weekend! I might h=just be adicted (if it weren't so darn time-consuming).
ReplyDeleteHope you had a glorious 26th of september :)