Monday, November 16, 2009

Another Monday

I've been a bit sick since Thursday but feeling much better today. N looked after me so well, giving me foot massages, making me slushy cold drinks, making me food, loving me more and more - she'd make such a perfect mother. On Friday when she got home from work she took me to the pharmacy and got some medicine then we went home and she made dinner while I lazed on the sofa.

On Saturday I felt terrible but we had invited N's best friend and his pregnant girlfriend over for a braai so I took loads of tablets and we entertained for the afternoon, luckily they didn't stay too long. I loved having a pregnant woman over, I had so many questions to ask about her pregnancy so far. She's 5 months and they're having a girl that they're going to name Madison. I only found out afterwards that she is actually 39 years old - amazing! This woman doesn't look a day over 30 / 32 max, so it shows how pregnancy makes some woman really glow. I was a little jealous of her, being pregnant, she looked so content and so happy knowing that she has this little life inside of her. I long for that feeling!

I went to the library today (I'm so impressed with their selection) and got a bunch of books, one being a book on conception, pregnancy and birth. Although I have done quite a bit of research on conception via IUI, I didn't realize there were so many seemingly small things that could prevent you from getting pregnant. Its quite scary and I'm nervous that I might take forever to conceive. This book gives valuable advise on lifestyle changes and nutrients / vitamins that you should be taking at least three months prior to conception to ensure a healthy pregnancy. The more I read the more excited and nervous I get. Excited because we can't wait to welcome a new life into our little family and nervous because I don't know how long it will take or if I'll even get pregnant, its making me very anxious!

No comments:

Post a Comment