Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Insemination #1 complete

I woke up so early this morning, nervous and excited! I eventually got N up, we got dressed and off we went. The Cryobank couldn't be any further away. Usually I think it would be about 20 min drive but the traffic was ridiculous so it took longer. Once there it all went so quickly, I told him the donor number, he prepared it the swimmers (our gynae wanted it defrosted), we paid and left. It was a mad rush to the gynae's office and took us about 40 min. I was panicked about the temperature of the swimmers, we were told to keep the tube between our breast but seriously we are not gifted at all in that department so N had to keep it under her arm where it stayed nice and warm. Once we got there we practically ran to the office, asked for the nurse, sat for a few minutes in the waiting room and then went through to the exam room.

When he came in he got started quickly. He took a look at the sperm and was impressed that the quantity was good, he then filled the long siringe thing and got rid of the air bubbles. He inserted this thing to open up enough to get the swimmers to the right position, put the siringe in place and let the swimmers free. It wasn't really painful just a bit uncomfortable.

He said to do a progesterone blood test on Tuesday but other than that he just said to test two days after AF is suppposed to start. So now we wait the long wait!

1 comment: