Today is CD2, so I called and made my appointment for the follicle scan / sonar (whatever its called) for Monday, 23 November. N won't join me for this as I don't want her to take too much time off work but she'll definitely be there for the insemination.
I made a couple of calls and spoke to the sister at our OB/GYN's office and she said we could try using another sperm bank if we found a suitable one with the certain criteria that she gave me. So from what I found out there are two other sperm banks in our province. The one only uses their sperm for the clients of their fertility clinic and the other, Medfem Clinic, will only use for their clients of their fertility clinic and a selected few doctors patients in Sandton. This would mean we'd have to change our doc and there is also a significant price difference (it would cost more than double of what we're now going to pay). But I still wanted to keep my options open so one of the very friendly staff at Medfem sent me their caucasian donor list. Their list consists of 15 donors but in all honesty their donors are not all that great. As I mentioned before here in SA we are legally only allowed a very small amount of info on the donor, so we've concentrated on the complexion, height, weight, hair & eye colour and their education / career. Now looking at this criteria they don't have much more to offer than the other sperm bank which we're going with, so its really not going to be worth all the extra money.
As far as physical attributes go we're looking for a donor with similarities to N (obviously), which are green eyes, dark blond hair, medium complexion, medium build and not too tall. And as far as hobbies are concerned they must be sporty, and lastly they need to have some really good educational background or career (I haven't seen one that doesn't have or isn't busy with a university degree). Not all of our criteria can be met precisely but we'll go with the closest match.
No comments:
Post a Comment