Wednesday, March 10, 2010

First appointment with FS

This morning was our first appointment with the FS. I was so damn nervous and what made it worse is that N couldn't make it. The American owners of her new company were coming in today so there was no way she could get off, and I wasn't prepared to wait another month to get an appointment so I sucked it up and went alone.

The consultation went quite quick, he seemed concerned that N wasn't there, he then did an internal exam and back to the consulting room. There we spoke about my cycle and he asked a bunch of questions. It turns out he's concerned about three things - the pain I get with AF, the spotting before AF and that AF isn't regular (25 - 28 days). He said not to think about IVF right now as he would like to do a bunch of tests first.

On CD2 he'll do a sonar and blood tests, CD3 blood tests and then after AF is finished he'll do a HSG x-ray to check that all is clear and that my tubes aren't blocked. I'm not looking forward to any of this cos I'm worried that something might be wrong.

In the mean time he said we should have a look at the donor list, which I'm happy to say is so much more extensive than the Cryo.bank's list. There should be 10 - 15 white donors as opposed to 5. Hopefully I'll receive the list tomorrow.

So thats where we are right now, now we wait, I'm on CD13 today so we'll still have to wait a while till AF starts. For once I really want it to hurry up and come!

4 comments:

  1. You poor thing for having to go alone! That sucks. But I'm glad that the doc is taking a very pro-active approach to it all. I know it's impossible, but try not to worry until you know if there's something to worry about. Lots of women have wiggy cycles and there isn't anything technically "wrong." Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. one test at a time.. thats what i suggest. thats what im doing. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so exciting! Its nice to feel proactive. Just meeting with our RE made us feel better -- even before he ran any tests (I had to go alone to the first visit too!!!).

    Just a logistical question, as I am probably going to get an HSG too. What cycle day do you have the test? 5? 10? Does it matter?

    e

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nurse didn't actually say which day, she said as long as AF is totally finished. I have no idea if it matters, I was so overwhelmed with everything that I didn't think to ask. I'll try find out

    ReplyDelete