Today is CD6 and my HSG has been booked for Thursday (CD8). I've read some horror stories about the HSG so I'm a bit nervous. Luckily N has taken the whole day off so she'll be at the appointment this time (although she was at the scan but not the first appointment). I've read that some people get severe cramping and infections afterwards, I so hope that doesn't happen.
I'm so happy that the long weekend is just around the corner, even though tomorrow is the last day of my contract at work, its so good to be together and not have to get up early for work. These last few mornings have been so difficult and its not like we wake up very early for work either, we get up about 6:40 but I think its because autumn is on its way. Its cooler outside in the mornings and evenings and its getting darker quicker than usual. Go away winter!! I'm not up for the cold, I love summer and the freedom one has in the warm sunny weather.
We took the plunge and booked our December holiday. Since we've been together we've never gone on holiday during the December holiday season. Last year we promised ourselves that we would take off work and go away. Thank goodness that I remembered and started looking for accommodation because more than 3/4 of the places that I enquired at were already fully booked for Dec / Jan. Luckily we found two gorgeous places where we'll be staying at. We're going to a part of South Africa that neither of us has ever been but have always wanted to go as its absolutely beautiful. I can't wait!
Good luck with the HSG. I was crampy during and after mine, but nothing awful. Some spotting. It all went away within a couple of hours. Glad N can be there with you!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the HSG. I didn't have any problems with mine, I actually drove myself to and from the clinic. Just take a Tylenol before hand and you should be good.
ReplyDeletei got prescriptions for mine. I had to take pills one hour before. and then after the procedure I had to take 4 pills after (to fight infection if it happens).
ReplyDeleteIts just supppper uncomfortable for a couple minutes. Bring a pad with you, you will leak some afterwords. Iza came with me for my appointment, but couldnt come into the image room. As soon as its over you are just relived. I say all this in honesty because someone said the exact same to me, and I appreciated it. Its not fun, and its not pretty. But all I kept saying to myself was.. its for the baby, its for the baby. And if we can do this test, we can do the labour!! I will be thinking of you on thursday!!!
(if you didnt get prescribed pills, take a good extra strength)(and I didnt have any infection or anything after)
I hope the HSG goes well for you! Good luck with it!
ReplyDeleteOoh, your trip sounds amazing...I'm so jealous! I haven't been away in years! I've always wanted to go away in December to escape the holiday madness (even though I really love said madness).
My HSG was really not bad. The catheter never bothered me, and the dye was cold and felt weird, but that was all. Don't forget to take the ibuprofin before you go in!
ReplyDelete