Friday, January 22, 2010

Is everyone pregnant??

That's how it seems. Yet another person that I know just got the news that she's pregnant. Its not an easy pill to swallow! I'm so scared that our last insem didn't work, this was the most expensive one we've done and if it doesn't work out I doubt we'll be able to do a double again or even get the follicle scan again.

We've also got two baby showers to attend in February, which I'm so looking forward to. I love seeing all the baby goodies that people get and I can't wait to go shopping for our gifts (my favourite part).

I emailed a bunch of fertility clinics this morning to get their costs and its just crazy. One place is actually 13 (yes - thirteen) times more expensive .... wait for it ..... to ONLY perform the procedure then on top of that they charge double for the sperm and this all excludes scans, medication and doctors consultations. Are these people high or what?? None of these cost are covered by the medical aid and everything has to come out our pocket. In this economy who can afford these costs??!

3 comments:

  1. I try not to get bitter when another friend or colleague tells me they're pregnant, but it's hard because we so want our own children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame man, I really hope it happens for you soon! My sister is trying so hard too. I just wish that everyone who wanted a baby could have one, and those who don't, and are just going to neglect or abuse their child, could never get pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy to have a fellow TWW-er. Hopefully this will be it for both of us!

    And in answer to your question yes, everyone is pregnant. I know 16 people who had babies in 2009 (and no, I'm not kidding) and 6 due so far this year. It's enough to make a girl CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete