Sunday, January 3, 2010

A new year

Can you believe that the new year is already upon us?! Time flies!

We had a quiet new years eve, we went out with a couple of friends for really good dinner at a new restaurant that just opened in our neighbourhood then back to their place for some drinks (not for me sadly) and quick fireworks display nearby. It was the most relaxed new years eve we've had in years.

N and I decided not to test on Friday morning as planned but early in the morning I dreamt about testing and getting a BFP, so the minute I woke up I tested. Unfortunately my dream was not about to come true as the test was negative. I was so upset, even though I knew deep down that it would be negative I was still hoping that there was a little bit of a chance. We're trying to decide what our next plan of action is - back to the gynae or Cryo.bank for the insemination. Its far less hassle and costs less to go to the Cryo.bank but the gynae does the follicle scans and is probably a bit more accurate. We'll have to see what works out best.

Even though Friday morning started off rather disappointing it soon improved with M coming around for a potjie (the first time we've made this). He seemed to be coping better than expected with the loss of Paul. He told us some more details on the accident - exactly what they think happened & that it would still take 6 months for the investigation to come to a conclusion, what the body looked like (although he didn't see it he insisted on knowing and was told by Paul's best friend who identified the body), obviously it was horrific due to the seriousness of the accident. After he told us all this we spoke a lot about Paul and all the happy times. It turned out to be a better day after all.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I put you on my blog roll so I can follow your process.
    Best of luck with #3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. I will add you to my blogroll as well. Sorry for your negative. We'll be thinking about your and sending baby vibes for #3.

    ReplyDelete