Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tuesday

Not much going on here. AF arrived a day early which is good, the quicker we can do the next insemination the better. I just found out that a "friend" (technically we've never met but used to email each other frequently throughout the planning of both our weddings) is pregnant. I know she deserves it, she's really one of those genuinely nice people but as soon as I felt happy for her I felt sad for me, for N and I. I want to be pregnant so badly but not knowing if and when all this trying is going to work really bugs me.

A colleague spoke to me yesterday about the TTC troubles him and his wife have been having and he mentioned that they were referred to a fertility clinic close by. Apparently friends of their's had previously had 5 IUI's done at a gynae and the first IUI they did at this fertility clinic they fell pregnant. I can't see that they do so much more than all the other places, although I'd love to give them a try, financially they're totally out of our reach. They're almost 3 - 4 times more expensive per cycle than our current options and this is just on standard procedures, it doesn't provide for any additional medication/scans/procedures. So I guess we're stuck trying until we get it right!

1 comment:

  1. That is the horrible part of this process. You try and try and try. I've got friends who have gotten pregnant on try 1 or try 2. It was maddening. No matter how happy you are for your friend it is a reminder of you still trying. All I can say (from experience) is just keep trying, have faith and think positive. Then you'll get pregnant and have a whole new set of worries that will drive you nuts. :)

    I'm glad AF showed up so you can charge right into your next try. Good luck and I'm sending tons of baby vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete