Monday, June 22, 2009

Cutting corners

On Friday I bought such a nifty little gadget. I've wanted one for a while but didn't bother looking for it, but since I wanted to start with my bridal shower invites this weekend I thought I'd give it a try. I found one - a corner cutter. Of course I was so impressed that I started cutting corners every place I could. So I've changed the menus and the programs. They look much more finished now, I'm really impressed with this little gadget!





For my bridal shower invites I chose the colours baby blue and brown. I know its quite a common colour combination in the wedding industry, but I love them together.





I'm itching to get our wedding invites out (as well as my bridal shower invites) but I'm going to hold off till next week. The ones that need to be posted to places like Cape Town will go out next Monday and hopefully the weekend after we'll get to hand out all the rest. I wonder if its going to be too soon?


I have still not heard anything about my dress. I'm very anxious about it and feel a strong need to call the dress maker but I'll refrain, I don't want her to be even more annoyed with me.


We received an updated quote from our decor lady and to my delight it was cheaper than before. We had wanted the multiple vases at various heights but our decor lady had already paid the deposit for the first vases so we had a limited choice. So we changed completely and NOW the new decor will hopefully look something like this:



I had an interview with an agent this morning which it went OK. I was so nervous, I had prepared a couple answers to questions that she may have asked but it was all for nothing. We basically just chatted about my work experience and the general things. I hope that something comes of it but I'm not counting on it. I think if she thought I was qualified for the position she would have asked more questions, maybe, I'm not sure.

2 comments:

  1. I want a corner rounder so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same with my corner rounder when I first bought it. Its a nifty little thing to have.

    ReplyDelete