....

I also baked a Madeira loaf cake yesterday which turned out so well. This recipe is definitely a winner.
Madeira Cake
125 g butter
250 ml sugar (210 g)
2 extra large eggs
10 ml grated lemon rind
5 ml vanilla essence
500 ml Snowflake cake flour (280 g)
10 ml baking powder
250 ml milk
1. Cream butter and sugar together well.
2. Beat in eggs, lemon rind and essence until mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder together and mix into the creamed mixture
alternately with milk.
4. Pour into a well-greased 23 cm loaf tin and bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for about 1 hour - I reduced the oven temp to 160°C.
I served it with strawberry jam while warm, yum!
Today my MD gave me a letter of recommendation. I read it with a heavy heart. He said such nice things that it makes me a little sad to think that I'll be leaving soon. I have mixed feelings about leaving, but one thing that I am happy about is not having to "hide" the truth about me being gay and marrying a woman anymore, that alone feels like a weight off my shoulders. My biggest worry is our financial situation and of course the change, changing jobs is stressful! I really don't like change but its inevitable I suppose.
Maybe you should bake for a living! Your food always looks so delicious.
ReplyDeleteBeing retrenched is not an end but rather a start to a new beginning! Stay positive!