I'm not happy with my dress.......surprise surprise! The way it turned out is not what I had imagined. After a good few sleepless nights I plucked up the courage to call the dress maker and tell her my concerns. She was not too happy with me and when I went to see her she couldn't quite understand why I wasn't happy. I'm not blaming her but I'm also not totally to blame. Maybe I should've been more clear on what I wanted and stood my ground when she suggested something different, but its too late now. I left my dress with her to "try" fix one thing at least, my hopes are not very high.
I did change the rhinestones to beads (yes even though I'm not a fan of beads). After 2 1/2 hours of beading I was done and more at ease having them on than the rhinestones.
I had such high hopes for this dress and I'm truly disappointed that it hasn't turned out the way that I wanted. I've considered buying an off-the-rack wedding dress but since finances are tight as it is its not an option.
We had organza runners made to drape over a huge fire place type thing in the chapel, and of course they did not turn out as I wanted either, I should've expected that too since all the wedding related things aren't going according to plan.
I think everything just seems worse because I'm so worried about not getting a job. I've applied for every suitable job in my industry, which is only a few jobs, but I've heard nothing so far. I was ok with it in the beginning but now with only two weeks of work left I'm getting anxious and very nervous.
One of my worst habits is eating, when things aren't going my way. The more I worry the more I pack on the calories. I can already feel the effects, my pants are tight and even my not-so-nice dress is tight (I can't even bend over properly in it). I know it sounds simple enough - just stop eating so much, but trust me its damn difficult!!
I truly understand where you are coming from when it comes to the dress. There isn't really much on offer that's original and beautiful (and in a decent budget) here in South Africa and I am often left dreaming of dresses from abroad. I considered having something made myself but it kept ending in too much uncertainty as to what the final product would actually look like and whether the style I had chose would even suit me. I'm a visual creature and swore the only way to get through this was to find an existing dress. Needless to say the hunt for me continues...
ReplyDeleteI think you should put the dress aside for a little bit as it will only make you more upset. Focus on other things and come back to it in a week or two. The more time you have to dwell I realise the more time you have to worry. So my theory was to not try get it all perfect straight away.
Should you wish to reconsider your dress I'd recommend Nights in Satin purely from what I have seen online. I live in CT so don't know what this place is like as its in Kyalami but they have some simple satin silhouettes similar to yours that have been inspired by Vera Wang. You can also hire their garments which is something I have considered doing myself. You can always sell your dress online as is and make back a bit of what you spent on it. Even if it's only a small percentage of what you spent, your happiness and the pictures you'll keep from this day will be worth every penny.
I wish you the best of luck and do hope it works out for you soon. they say these thinsg come in threes, so looks like your due for some goodluck :)
I'm four pounds down the road to losing 8 pounds for the wedding. So, while it was hard to imagine that I would ever have the willpower to stop eating, it's really amazing what even one day of healthy food and exercise did for my attitude. So, just think of it that way, just plan one awesome day for yourself from a diet and exercise perspective. And start now, while you still have the routine of your job to keep you in check. My job was over last Friday and I've definitely stopped losing weight! But also, as a side note, you have a fantastic shape! As far as the dress, the beads are an incredible improvement. And keep your eyes open. You never know what you might find just hanging on a rack somewhere 8, 6, 2 weeks before the wedding. Or you can focus on accessories. Or you can just accept the fact that N is going to be the one to steal the show ;} Thank you so much for your regular posts, keep your chin up and finally, I would love to see pictures of the dress from the front!
ReplyDeleteThank you both so much for your comments and truly helpful advice.
ReplyDeleteThe dress is definitely at the back of my mind right now, but I will keep a look out for any simple silhouettes just in case. As soon as I get it back I'll take some front pics - good or bad I'll post them.
As for the weight issue, I will start on Monday! We need to do some serious shopping this weekend to stock up on all the healthy goodies.
:-) I'm slowly coming to terms with the idea that N will steal the show, she's such a hottie, I should've expected it from the begining.