Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Failures

On Saturday we went to our venue where we met with our decor lady for our table mock-up. It was disappointing, not because of anything that she did, unfortunately it was all my choices that made it disappointing. The flower arrangement is so beautiful but once put on the huge round table it fades into the plain background. The whole thing just looked plain and lacking in a few things. So I've now gone with a totally different route with more of the florists input.

It's such a horrible feeling knowing that the idea you've had for all these months just doesn't work. The flowers work beautifully but not everything else. I feel like a failure!
...
The arrangement


The front smaller arrangement is for the sweetheart table


These roses in the jam jars will be placed by the fire place and in the chapel (on the unity candle table and register table)


Six of these will line the aisle (not with the knot in though, they've now been shortened)
....

The petal cones with the chair sash. I'm thinking about changing the colour of the sash to more of a champagne colour


I've since spoken to our decor lady and we've decided to go with various vases of different heights and instead of using only roses she'll use different kinds of cream coloured flowers as well as pussy willow (lets hope that it fits into our budget). We're also thinking of changing the overlays to black and having square clear glass base plates instead of gold ones. I don't know how it will all come together but I'm hoping that we can do another mock-up soon so that I can get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment