Even though the weather is lovely at the moment it can easily change in the blink of an eye. Because of this and because of my dress having such an open back I'm a bit worried that I'll get cold and I hate being cold.
In the beginning I was leaning toward a dramatic lace bolero but I don't want to have to have one made and I haven't had any luck in finding one that's right. Today I came across a knitted bolero-like cardigan that I thought would be suitable. The gold threading seemed to give it a slight glam look, but after trying it on with my dress it seems a bit casual. I'm not sure if I should give it back or wear it.
The store did have a black satin bolero (similar to the one pictured below but only a longer on the sides and back) but it doesn't offer much coverage to the lower back, on the other hand though, if my shoulders are covered I'm sure I'll be warmer than without anything.

I think it's way too casual.
ReplyDeleteI've had the same dilemma. Still tryign to find my coverup though. I think the black satin bolero sounds nice. I think the knit bolero might appear too causal in photographs.
ReplyDeleteI highly recommend checking out Hip Hop as they have a few of those sort of things, vintage stores, bride & Co (they have white bolero jackets and fur stoles) and finally Attitude (they ahve all sorts of shawls etc and might have somethign for you too.
Finally I have one other suggestion (I might be doing this myself), is use a pashmina in a shade that you like (or even white but you can get them everywhere and in every colour). If you don't care to wear it like a scarf, you can put it over your shoulders as you would normally, then pull the ends under your armpits and tie behind your back. This makes it look like you are wearing a bolero :) (gosh I hope that made sense!)
Here's someone selling a lace bolero.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.projectwedding.com/post/list/bolero
Thanks so much for your opinions. I'll definitely be taking it back.
ReplyDeleteI'll have a look at the stores you mentioned too Bianca. I've considered a pashmina but didn't think of wearing it as you described. Thanks for the great suggestions.
Ashley thanks for the link, I'll have a look at that too.