Sunday, August 9, 2009

What Sundays are made for...

Spring is most definitely on its way. I woke up this morning to glorious sunshine and much less cold in the air. I can't tell you how happy I am that the winter is finally going, bring on the sunshine, warmth and happy springy feelings.

We decided to have a good old Sunday lunch today which was so incredibly satisfying. While my lovely N slaved away in the bathroom removing the wrong colour tile grout, I cooked up a storm. On the menu was roast beef, roast potatoes, orange & honey carrots, garlic buttered green beans, Yorkshire puddings and sherry & wholegrain mustard gravy, followed by Malva pudding and custard. Delightful!


Before I started all the cooking I quickly had to make a plan for an additional invitation. I did actually make more than enough initially but we ended up inviting a lot more single people without partners than originally expected. There was no chance that I was going to make more pocketfolds so I came up with another idea that took half the time and effort.


2 comments:

  1. You should start a wedding or party related business such as stationery design or catering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be an absolute dream! I wish I could start a catering or party planning business, I'd wake up happy everyday :-)

    ReplyDelete