Thursday, January 29, 2009

Walking

We've been doing so well with walking after work but this miserable weather is messing with our schedule! We couldn't walk yesterday because of the rain so I'm hoping the rain will stop by the time we have to walk today. We have a treadmill at home but I much prefer walking outside - fresh air, different scenery, etc.

I heard today that friends of friends of ours are getting married. Ordinarily I wouldn't think this was even worth mentioning but these two woman fight all the time, not only that, they break up every time they fight. And now they want to get married?! I've noticed lately that so many people are just getting married for the sake of it. I don't think people realise what a huge commitment it is. Its marriage, its forever, divorce shouldn't be an option.

On a lighter note, it was so good to see my mom so happy yesterday. My best friend J took my mom, her mom and her gran to lunch and a movie. As I've mentioned before, my mom has MS and doesn't get out a lot, so she had a great day out with the "girls" and couldn't stop smiling and talking about it for the rest of the evening. It was good to see her happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment