We got terrible news at work today - they're going to retrench people tomorrow. I can't believe it! It couldn't have come at a worse time! We've still got so many wedding things to pay (although the majority is paid) plus we've just planned our honeymoon and I told two of the places that we'd pay them at the end of January and the end of February. We can't afford to do everything on N's salary alone so it might have all been done for nothing. Obviously we'll still get married, that will definitely not change, things will just have to be tight.
Plus I just bought a new car last year and still owe a lot on it, how can N support me?? She has a good job and earns a good salary but I wouldn't feel right having her support me, I'm an independent person and can't rely on others especially financially! She's so calm about the whole thing, I know she's worried but she doesn't want me to worry, she says whatever happens we'll work through it and to stay positive. She's always so positive, yet another reason why I love her so much.
I've been with the company for eight years - since I was 20, and it would be such a shame to loose all this now.
No comments:
Post a Comment