I've been thinking a lot about wedding traditions lately and wondering if I still want all the things that I thought I wanted in the beginning. Things like throwing confetti (or rose petals) over the couple after the ceremony, throwing the bouquet & garter, having someone walk me down the isle, things like that. Basically this is going to be a "different" wedding since it's a gay wedding and I think I feel that maybe all the traditional things should be left for traditional straight weddings. I'm not sure if I really feel like this or if I'm just a bit nervous of doing everything in front of family that I know doesn't truly understand our relationship. My mom (and the rest of the family on my side) doesn't fully understand why N and I are making this union a legal one, but they are still supportive (meaning that they regard us as a couple and not just friends) and love us dearly (as we do them).
N and I have been trying to think of good meals to make lately since we're cutting back on the bad things and walking everyday after work. Since we're only going grocery shopping on Saturday, we had to make do with what we had. That worked out really well! I found a couple of Chili recipes and took the best bits of them all and came out with a very tasty dish.
This is how:
1 Tbs Olive oil
1 Onion, chopped
1 Green Pepper, chopped
400g Lean Minced Beef
1 Bouillon Cube
1/2 Glass Red Wine
1 can Chopped Tomatoes
2 tsp Crushed Garlic
2 Tbs Tomatoe Paste
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Dried Oreganum
1 tsp Minced Chili
2 tsp Banditos Peri Peri Sauce
1 can Red Kidney Beans
1 tsp Flour
1 tsp Corn Flour
1 Tbs Water
Grated Cheddar Cheese
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and green pepper, until softened. Add minced beef and cook until browned. Crumble over bouillon cube and stir in wine. Cook for a few minutes. Add tin tomatoes, garlic, tomato paste, paprika and oreganum. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in kidney beans, minced chili and chili sauce. Continue to simmer for an additional 20 minutes. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, corn flour and water until smooth. Stir into chili, and cook until chili has thickened. Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve with slices of warm buttered french loaf. Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment