Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm still standing...

The retrenchments are over! Half the staff at our company lost their jobs. I'm still in shock, some of the people have been here for years and I never expected them to go. I'm so thankful that I'm still here but its so sad that those people had to loose their jobs. It seems all N's and my mom's prayers helped!

N and my best friend J both say I should be so relieved and happy, but I'm not, maybe it still needs to sink in or something. I'm worried that the company might close in a few months if things don't pick up, I'm also worried about how things are going to work now that we're so short of staff. I'm very much a control freak and don't adapt to change easily so not knowing what the future holds is worrying and unsettling.

Anyway its done, its over! I need to go home and have a huge glass of red wine I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment