Thursday, January 15, 2009

Honeymoon

I'm struggling to sleep lately, I think I've only slept about 3 hours each night since Saturday, I've even taken sleeping tablets but they keep me asleep for a few hours then I'm awake again. Anyway lets hope tonight I get a full nights sleep.

As for our honeymoon plans, they are coming along very well. N doesn't want to spend less than two weeks away, she wants a real good break. Our last holiday was last year and it was amazing! We went to Mauritius and had the holiday of our lives, but we didn't get to relax much as we wanted to see the island and do all the activities (undersea walking, para sailing, etc). So this holiday / honeymoon we both want time to just relax.


So this is the plan:

5 nights at this really gorgeous beach lodge - all inclusive

3 nights at a luxury game reserve - all inclusive

2 nights at a lodge more up north of the coast

2 nights at a self catering beachfront apartment

Ok its two days short of two weeks but its long enough.

Since its such a long holiday we have to cut costs where ever we can, so we've decided to leave the flights & car hire and drive down. Its a 5 - 6 hour drive which isn't too bad. I actually prefer driving cos then I can take more clothes and more SHOES.........much to N's disappointment.

What we'll be doing is driving to the closest main coastal city then go up the coast to the beach lodge, then more up to the game reserve then more up north to the other lodge. From there we'll make our way down the coast and before we hit the city again we'll spend two nights at the beachfront apartment then make our way back home.

Here's a few pictures of the places we'll be going to:

The beach lodge




The luxury game reserve





The lodge further up north


And the beachfront apartment we have not yet decided on so I can't post any pictures of that. But we've found some perfect options, one even has a jacuzzi looking over the sea.......what could be better?!

No comments:

Post a Comment