Monday, January 26, 2009

Ahh Sundays!

I love Sundays, I'm not so happy that they're followed by Mondays but there's nothing I can do about that. Sundays are our days. We don't make plans with anyone to do anything, we wake up and do whatever we decide we feel like doing (although this usually includes having lunch with my mom). I'm always up early, so I put coffee on and catch up on any TV shows that I might have missed during the week. Then lately I've been doing any wedding things that need to get done (Tuesdays and Sundays are the only times I get to do this).

Neither of us felt like any exercise yesterday but we forced ourselves to go for a walk......and not just any walk! We walked for about an hour at such a speed, uphill in 30°C heat! Needless to say we were exhausted when we got back.

In the afternoon I finished some wedding DIY projects. I did small bathroom baskets with only essentials in. I find it so unnecessary to load it full of things that you wouldn't ordinarily use if you were out. I also finished the mint books. I was so pleased with these.



On Saturday we bought the jars for the hanging luminaries. I played around a bit with florist wire and got the hang of it. We've got to make a bunch of these in the coming months as well.

I also made muffins yesterday. Strawberry Yoghurt and Oat muffins. They're really good and will make for good breakfast for the week.

My mom made a comment yesterday that upset me. She is a Christian, as am I, and she finds little ways of telling me that N & I getting married is not right, and not the Christian thing to do. I disagree with her ofcourse and have many views on the subject that I won't get into now. But the thing that gets to me is that we do so much for her since my dad passed away in 2007, and she still finds it necessary to let me know that my choice is not acceptable. Don't get me wrong my mother is an incredible woman, she's kind, positive and will do anything for me. She has MS and is at home all day so maybe she thinks about it too much or something?! She can see how happy I am - how happy we are and how well suited we are for each other, I just wish she would put her beliefs aside and be happy for her daughter! I feel so uncomfortable not being able to discuss our wedding plans with her, I feel like I'm hiding things from her. I want to share so many things with her but I can't. I hope that she'll come round soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment