Friday, January 23, 2009

Giving back

Today the SANBS (South African National Blood Service) came to work, so I decided to donate blood along with my colleagues. Apparently the reserves are very low, so they're trying to get as much as possible. It wasn't bad, just a small prick and little lie-down and its all done.

Its pouring with rain here which makes me want to go home and climb into bed with N. Luckily we finish work early on Fridays so I'll be off in an hour, but she only finishes at 16:30! Argh

During lunch I went to one of the big wholesale shops close by and bought the mints for the mint books that I've almost finished, and I also bought a dozen 50ml Jameson whiskeys (I'll get another dozen next month and so on - its easier on the finances!) for the men's gifts / favours. So I'll have lots to do when I have a spare moment.

This weekend is quite busy. Tonight we're going to watch Bride Wars, which I've so been looking forward to. Tomorrow we've got grocery shopping to do, followed by a kitchen tea / bachelorette for one of N's friends that's getting married next week.

I finally got a cute pic of my gorgeous doggy. She's so shy and hates camera's, mirrors and bright lights. She's adorable! Her name is Chloe aka Noodle, Puppy (even though she's 11 years old), Beautiful, Poepalook........she has an array of names and funny enough she responds to all of them.


2 comments:

  1. She is adorable.

    I have a little Pekinese. She is 18months old now. Cute but so naughty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, she's my little senior.

    Ah so yours is still a baby - too cute. I know they can be so naughty when the little.

    ReplyDelete