Monday, April 6, 2009

Another busy weekend

Just as the title says, it was a busy busy weekend, with much being accomplished.
...
Friday after work I went for another Placecol Facial - I love those facials even though they're so quick.
...
Saturday I had my hair done (root tint) then I was off in search of an outfit for my mom. Which was really easy. We got her a cream suit (with a skirt - not pants), but she decided that she didn't want the jacket since she gets hot so easily. I'm not sure if that was a good choice but maybe I'll go buy it again for her just in case. Then we got her a really cute satin blouse but its too tight and it doesn't come in a bigger size, so I thought since N and I are both getting our attire made for the wedding that maybe my mom should also get something made, so we'll get her blouse made especially for her. I'm sure she'll be chuffed with that. The next thing will be to find shoe's for her, that will be difficult as she is more fussy than me.

Of course when shopping I find it difficult to shop for someone else and not get something (even if its something small) for myself (I'm a recovering shop-a-holic), so I got this cute beach bag for our honeymoon and a light pink nail varnish that I want to use for the day of for my pedicure.




We got the best men's gifts engraved:

This one is difficult to see as the engraving isn't deep. It says Michael



I also got a bit of DIY done. I finished the reserved seating signs and got a bit further on hanging letters. I'm not happy with the way the letters have turned out so far. We didn't want to put the tissue paper flowers on the sides of the letters but it looks like they're missing something so we going have to put them on the sides. I also tried to convince N to start with the moss balls but she wasn't keen at all.





It feels like we've gone initial crazy but we're using one set for the ceremony and one set for the reception. The hanging tissue paper ones are for the reception and the moss ones are for the ceremony. Here they are:

....
N went to visit her parents yesterday afternoon and surprise surprise her dad offered financial help with the wedding. Some time ago I spoke about this and both N & I were somewhat disturbed that they hadn't offered or weren't willing to contribute toward the wedding. Now it seems they are. So I said I'd give her a list of what we still need to pay then she can give it to him and he can choose who or what amount he'd like to contribute. I think any bit will help at this stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment