Thursday, April 2, 2009

DIY Wednesday

I was very busy last night making all sorts of wedding goodies. I finished the Bridesmaids guides (I mentioned all the details yesterday), the hanging word things (which look so good in reality and not in the picture). Then I also started on the bridal party's gift bags and the reserved seating signs.







These are the ties that I bought yesterday. N has taken them to the embroidery woman today, she had better not mess these up. I actually prefer these to the plain ones.


I've given up some control over some of the wedding stuff. I've asked N to do some things for me. I always prefer to do things myself mostly because it gets done the way that I want it (perfectly) and because I don't like to ask for help. N always offers her help of course so now I'll take her up on her offer more often. Although she already does help quite a lot with things like cutting tissue paper and gluing on moss.
..
I sort of cleared the air with Y, my bridesmaid. So it feels much better now knowing that she really does want to be part of our wedding.
....
Baby if you're reading - STOP here! Pls
...
Our wedding day is N's birthday as well so I really want to get her something special. I've decided to get her a couple of things that she needs, wants and loves. I have gotten two things so far which I know she'll love - a boudoir photo book (that took guts to do since I'm really self conscious about my body) and then today I got her a Ralph Lauren Wallet (damn expensive for a wallet but its worth it). I have a couple of other things in mind but I'll have to get them closer to September since the budget is looking a little sad at the moment.

8 comments:

  1. Everything looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks amazing. I think you'll have a stunning wedding. Makes me laugh that you give the not so nice jobs like the moss to N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carol.

    I know, but she's so sweet she's always willing to do them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so elegant and professional! I'm intrigued by the "bridesmaid guide". I'd love to see what's written under "expectations" ;}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you.

    I basically just said that I'd like them to attend the dress fittings, that they'll have various little things to do on the wedding day and that they'll be responsible for planning the bachalorette with my input.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The guides turned out great, the picture you chose and the final product, all very professional and beautiful... a job well done :)

    ReplyDelete