Friday, April 3, 2009

The weekend has arrived!

Yet again the week has flown by, not that I'm complaining. We have a packed weekend as usual, some of the things we'll be doing is going to a movie (its been so long), tomorrow we'll be going to a baby shower but first in the morning I'll be getting my hair done (root tint) while N gets the best men's gifts engraved. No plans for Sunday yet but I'm hoping to get to browse a couple of clothing stores to find my mom something to wear for the wedding. Since its autumn here now and our wedding is in spring I'm a bit nervous that we won't find anything closer to the time.

I was hoping to get my mom something like a pant suit or maybe a really formal blouse and pants or something similar. It's a formal wedding so I really want her to look the part and feel all dressed up as well. Hopefully we'll find something before all the winter clothes come in (they probably are already all in).

I was going through our function sheet that we got from our venue and thought I'd see what changes we'd need to make for the menu but its really quite varied so I think we could leave it the way it is. It's a buffet 3 course dinner (which are most popular here in SA from what I've seen). I'll be requesting that one of the "Chef's Choice" deserts be Malva pudding - a firm family favourite.

BUFFET STARTER

Potato, Bacon and Caramelised Onion Salad

Tomato and Mozzarella drizzled with pesto sauce

Pine Nuts and Parmesan Shavings

Smoked Chicken Salad with a mustard dip

Quiche Lorain

Rocket, Asparagus, Walnut, Roasted Plum Tomatoes topped with crème fraiche, roasted courgette and roasted yellow pepper and croutons salad

Smoked Salmon garnished with a pot of caviar and lemon wedges

Bread Rolls and Butter

BUFFET MAIN

Pepper coated Roast Loin of Beef

Roasted Sesame coated Chicken Fillet pieces

Red Prawn Curry

Ravioli in a Tomato and Basil Pesto sprinkled with crushed mixed nuts

Mussels in a White Wine Sauce

Chefs selection of two fresh garden vegetables

Spring Onion Potato Puree

Savoury Rice

BUFFET DESSERT

Chefs selection of six desserts
...
The woman who'll supply N's ring came to see me this morning. She was clearly gay and very friendly. I think we'll be getting my rings from her as well not only because they're so much cheaper but because their service is good. We'll be viewing the rings on 18 April.

2 comments:

  1. The menu sounds divine. Did my invite get lost in the mail?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have - you know the SA postal service is so terrible these days :-)

    ReplyDelete