....
I did however find a perfect decor and flower person. When I received her quote before I even saw the prices I knew she was the one. She put every detail on to the quote with pictures and options. Her knowledge and professionalism is so refreshing. She's offered to go to the venue to see if everything will work together then give me her input. I don't even know her and I feel totally at ease with her. She comes highly recommended and has been nominated for various awards within the wedding industry. But all this said, she does not come cheap. She's about 1/3 more expensive than the previous vendor but ifs that's the price we have to pay for peace of mind and decent sleep then so be it!
...
I completed one ceremony program so see how it all looks put together. I didn't want to do anything too much so I made simple trifold programs. Here it is:
I completed one ceremony program so see how it all looks put together. I didn't want to do anything too much so I made simple trifold programs. Here it is:
Folded and put into the vellum envelope




I am hopeful that this weekend we'll complete some DIY projects so that I don't have so much on my plate anymore.
...
I couldn't be happier that this weekend is here, a nice long weekend, just what we need. We haven't made too many plans so that we can get DIY stuff done and so that we can relax a bit. So far all we're doing is going to a braai at a friends place on Saturday and then on Sunday I'm hoping to take my mom for a picnic at the botanical gardens. Obviously since its Easter I'll be cooking and baking up a storm. So I can't wait till 14:30 for the weekend to begin.
Your programmes are lovely. I see you used vellum paper which I also plan to use myself (btw did you have any trouble printing on it without it bleeding?). The graphic timeline on the first panel is so clever and I wanted to know, if you would't mind, sharing how you went about finding the graphics etc. I think it's such a wonderful touch. The whole thing package is very professional. It is also heartwarming to see another September bride preparing DIY elements so early. I often wonder if I am jumping the gun by making programmes and decor now, even though I know all the fine details and have booked all my vendors already.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much.
ReplyDeleteI didn't actually, I've printed off a desk-jet and laser-jet and haven't had any problems with the bleeding of the ink. I do usually let it dry for at least 2 min though.
I found the timeline on a site that contains a load of templates. I could only find horizontal ones so I just used the graphics and made a verticle one in Excel. This is the site http://www.weddingannouncer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5043
I know I feel the same, I get a bit nervous doing everything so soon but I feel a load has been lifted everytime I finish a project.
Thanks so much for the site :)
ReplyDelete