Who was I kidding - a relaxing weekend - no way! We were busy all the time, if not out then home doing DIY things or cooking and baking.
We got a lot of DIY done:
- Bridal party gifts - packed and complete
- Potted moss balls - complete
- Majority of the tissue paper initials
- Seating chart - only the basics, obviously I can only do the rest once the invites have gone out and the RSVP's received
- Hanging luminaries x 30 - complete
- Programs x 30 folded, placed in envelopes and rhinestone attached - still need to do the other 30


We also collected the ties that were embroidered, they came out quite well, I would have preferred a different font but we did say that she could use this one.
I found a pair of super flat sandals on sale - 50% off. They're not the most attractive shoes but they're practical & comfortable and I'll never wear them again apart from the wedding. They were very plain so I attached some rhinestones so that they didn't look as cheap and boring as they really were. I'll only wear them when my other shoes really start to hurt.
Thursday I bought my mom's birthday present. I just got her a few items of clothing which she really needs and since winter is coming I want her to be nice & warm and comfy. Friday we did the majority of the DIY goodies, I baked Hot-Cross Buns which were a total flop (they didn't rise as well as they were supposed to), I also made the best Pickled Fish and Honey Yeast Rolls. On Saturday we went to a braai, which was so nice, and on Sunday we went to the Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens for a picnic. It was just the two of us since my mom didn't feel up for going out but it was so nice. We walked around for a while looking at everything then we got a nice shady spot and had our picnic. Afterwards we just lay on our blanket for a while, it was such a beautiful afternoon. Pictures to follow. Sunday was another busy day. I was hoping to get more DIY done but my brother, his girlfriend and her daughter came for lunch so I cooked a big meal of leg of lamb, roast potatoes, creamed spinach, sweet carrots and rice. It was so good but unfortunately N was working so couldn't join us. It was another beautiful afternoon.
Here's some pictures of the gardens:
This thing scared the sh!t out of me!
No comments:
Post a Comment