Monday, May 25, 2009

And so the list is shortened...

As the title reads, our list of To Do's is getting shorter and shorter!

On Saturday we met up with the groomsmen / best men to find a suit to hire. It was such a success! The very first place we stepped into had the most gorgeous tuxes at the lowest prices. I was more interested in hiring suits than a formal tux, but once they tried them on I knew a tux was the right choice. We chose a three button tux. They will not be wearing a tuxedo shirt though, they'll be wearing an ordinary white shirt with the ties that we got them and a black waist coat - a crisp and classic look. We hired them just in time too, the shop assistant said that with all the matric farewell's in the area being at the end of September they would soon only have a small selection available.


I went for yet another fitting on Saturday with my girls. Their dresses still have a long way to go, at the moment they're just the very basic outline. My dress on the other hand is almost done! Yay! All that's left is the back zip, the hem and attaching the little rhinestones. I decided to go with a french bustle.


After we went to hire the tuxes we all went to lunch and a good few topics came up. Although we had already hired a MC, one of N's best men offered the service of his boyfriend. They've been together for quite some time and we all know each other well, plus he has spoken at large events and is very comfortable with public speaking. Its so much nicer to have someone that knows us do it and we save a few hundred rand as well.

Another subject that came up was gifts. I never considered setting up registries but after looking at what a few places have to offer I'm a little keen. We're already in our own home and we have everything that we need, so the things that we would choose would only be extras and not purely essential. I would honestly prefer the money if it were up to me but I don't know how to pass that sort of message on to the guests (I will most definitely not put it in a silly little poem form with the invitations).

In the beginning when we had just set a date, I did not want a wedding with all the silly unnecessary frills, actually I didn't want a wedding at all, I wanted N & I to go away alone and get married - clearly I didn't win that one. A lot of the things I ended up having was purely because I enjoyed making them (programs, unity candle, etc), one of those things was petal cones. I didn't want any sort of confetti but after seeing some gorgeous pictures of petals thrown into the air over the bride and groom I changed my mind. I've now decided to do plain and simple black petal cones with white petals, which will be inserted into the back of the chair sash. Finally I found a way to get more black into the chapel.



No comments:

Post a Comment