Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cheeky Cocktails

Even though some sort of cocktails will be served during the time period between the ceremony and reception I most definitely want cocktails to be available during the reception. We'll be having four different cocktails available to order. The guests will need to be notified of this so I've been trying to think of a creative way to do little cocktail menus for the tables, but can't seem to come up with something other than a menu that resembles the standard rectangular meal menu. There's also the option of the tent type menu but I don't want the table to look cluttered or too full. I'm sure something will come up, but in the mean time here's the cocktails that I've come up with so far and that we love.

Something Old



Pina Colada
(I'm not a fan of this but it is old and my dad used to love them)

Ingredients:
Bacardi
Coconut Liqueur / Coconut Cream
Pineapple Juice
Crushed Ice

OR


Champagne Cocktail
(Definitely old and a classic)

Ingredients:
Champagne / Sparkling Wine
Splash Of Brandy
Sugar Cube
Maraschino Cherry

Something New
....

Strawberry Martini
(my absolute favourite)

Ingredients:
Gin
Dry Vermouth
Strawberry Liqueur / Grenadine
...
Something Borrowed
....

Mojito
(We both love the mint)

Ingredients:
Bacardi
Fresh Lime Juice
Soda Water
Sugar
Mint Leaves

Something Blue

Deep Blue
(Haven't tried this but it sounds tasty)

Ingredients:
Vodka
Blue Curacao
Champagne / Sparkling Wine
Maraschino Cherries
....
I also love this Rose Mojito but I'm not sure of how it would taste. I also think the venue will put the price quite high due to it having 8 - 12 rose petals per cocktail.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment