Friday afternoon started with the three hour meeting with Lily from Betaferon (not Interferon as previously mentioned). She shoved as much information as she possibly could into my tired brain. At the end of the session I injected my mom in the stomach. It was scary but not as bad as last night when I had to do it on my own without Lily. I'll get used to it as I go on but for now I'm still worried that I hurt my mom, even though she reassures me each time that I'm doing fine and that she doesn't feel a thing.
After that I went for a Revitalizing Facial which included a chocolate mask and a should massage. It was just what I needed!
Saturday was spent shopping. We shopped for hours and were exhausted when we returned home. I still managed to put a load of washing on and make a delicious dinner despite the exhaustion. We have a new maid for a month (our usual maid is off sick for a full month but will come back in June) and she seems to be a bit slow for my liking so I helped her out a bit by getting some washing started.
On Sunday we celebrated Mothers Day with a champagne brunch. I was up early baking up a storm. The menu consisted of:
- Quiche Lorraine
- Crustless Ham & Egg Tartlets
- Mocha Muffins
- Blood Orange Quarters
- Champagne & Orange Juice

The quiche was really good, filled with eggs, cheese, bacon, onion and cream - I couldn't have increased the calorie content even if I tried . The muffins were ok, I wouldn't make them again but if I had to I would definitely add more sugar. They lacked something else but I can't put my finger on it. The ham and egg tartlets couldn't have been any simpler. I lined each muffin tray cup with two thin slices of ham, broke an egg into it, added a bit of grated cheese, a splash of cream and baked them for 15 minutes. All in all it was a really good time spent with our little family.
In the afternoon I got some wedding DIY stuff done - I finished the border for the seating plan and made more tissue paper flowers for the initials. And that's about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment