N's operation went OK yesterday. The first thing she asked for when she came around was her wife - made me love her even more! She was OK yesterday, had a bit of pain but today she's definitely worse. I think she has a fever and we might have to give the doctor a call when I get home just to make sure that she is OK. I don't like seeing her like this, poor thing.
I really feel like a nurse lately - looking after my mom and now N. I don't know how people do this job for a living.
My mom didn't get all the blood tests and other tests that she was supposed on Tuesday. It was suggested that we wait to hear if she gets onto Interferon through her doctor and medical aid before we go ahead with the clinical trial.
I am yet to meet a friendly Neurologist. Every one of them that I've met have been so unfriendly and not really willing to offer much assistance. They just sort of shrug my mom off because she has MS and there's not much more they can do for her, such assholes!
The meeting with the lawyer went well on Tuesday. Nothing complicated about the contracts that are getting drawn up. Basically what we go into the marriage with is whoever's it was to begin with if we get divorced and whatever is gained during the marriage is split 50/50. Also if one of us goes bankrupt or declares insolvency the other one can't be held liable. The contracts should be drawn up in 2 weeks, we then have to go in to sign. They are then notarised and we are given the contract. All in all it should take just over a month.
So that's all that's been happening lately, we haven't been doing much DIY so no updates on that. Oh but we did pay off our photographer today. I'm very happy about that, one less thing to pay now!
I wish you both the best during this period and N a swift recovery :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much.
ReplyDeleteAt least we have a long weekend. Try to have some fun and a bit of rest.
ReplyDelete