The little free time that I had this long weekend was spent packing boxes for the guest tables and other sections of the wedding. Our fabulous new decor company is going to be setting up everything so to make things easier and more organised I put together a box for each guest table containing all the things related to that specific table like the table number, favours, gel candles, place cards, cameras, etc. I also have a box for the cake table (cake server, gel candles, fairy lights & batteries), fireplace (tapered candles & holders, jars for individual roses), sweetheart table (pillar candles), guest book table (guest book, mint books, gel candles, pen & sign in picture frame).... you get the idea. I have also made a file for each person involved in the wedding, basically its just back-ups of things previously discussed, like the DJ will have a file with the songs for the ceremony & reception and since he's the MC as well he'll get a copy of the order of the day, the photographer as well as N's one best man will get a file with the must take photo's, the decor company will get one with the layouts and positions of everything. So with all of this done I'm feeling a bit more organised and lighter.

N is doing better. She's still sore and battles with sitting for long but I'm confident that she'll be better soon.
We took my mom on a steam train trip on Sunday. Its not really N and my kinda of thing but my mom loves trains as it reminds her of when she was young and would take train trips down to Cape Town with her mother, so we were happy to take her. It was a four hour trip and my mom had the best time. I packed a picnic basket full of tasty goodies and off we went. A couple of times when I looked at my mom she had tears in her eyes, maybe from memories of days gone by, I'm not sure but it made me a bit sad, she's had a hard life and deserves more happy times like this. Her legs weren't working well at all and but luckily the friendly people that run the train helped so much. Here she is, so excited that she couldn't sit still:

Since yesterday was yet another public holiday my future in-laws came around in the afternoon for tea and cake. I made yet another peanut butter cake, this time it was a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake, and it was even better that the carrot one from before. I'll post the recipe in a couple of days.
...

Gosh you are so organised you would have no trouble in planning weddings as a career. Not to mention all that baking. Please stop posting such delicious looking cake pictures!!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could be a wedding planner, that would be a dream job!
ReplyDelete:-) I need to slow down on the baking, its expanding my waist-line cake by cake!