Monday, February 9, 2009

A good weekend

Our weekend was relaxing and peaceful. Luckily the weather cleared for most of the weekend so it turned out really well. On Friday when I got home from work, I baked a Caramel Swiss Roll. It was so good, I don't even want to think how many calories one slice contained. Needless to say we finished the whole thing by last night.... bad bad! I didn't get to make the Chelsea Buns (Cinnamon Rolls) but will try for another time.


On Saturday I made brunch (flapjacks, bacon, sauteed mushrooms and "fried" eggs) and since the weather was lovely, we ate outside. My mom joined us and we ate and ate! Later in the afternoon we went for a walk. We walked 8km, the longest we've done yet! When we got back we showered and then took my mom for coffee (she was feeling a bit down).

On Sunday we went for a walk fairly early, before we left I made the dough for the Honey Yeast Rolls so that they could rise while we were gone. We wanted to braai for lunch so I marinated some chicken pieces, made coleslaw, and formed the dough into balls. Luckily everything was finished at the same time and the rolls were amazing! Seriously they were really really good! Here's what they looked like still hot from the oven:


I'll definitely be making them again!

As for all the wedding things we had to do, we finished them. We didn't get to go to the venue but will try got next Saturday. I folded all the favour boxes and started filing them. N cut all the black tissue paper that is needed for lining the boxes. I also did the last of the addresses for the envelopes for the invitations. Here's the men's favours:


The woman's favours are heart key rings and Sally Williams Nougat. The nougat I'll buy closer to the time but the key rings I bought last year. They looked so plain and ordinary so I added a rhinestone to each side and a little ribbon. Here's what they look like:

No comments:

Post a Comment