Thursday, May 7, 2009

My first dress fitting

Last night my bridesmaid and friend Y went with me for my first fitting. Before I put the dress on the dress maker warned me that it was a very basic outline of the dress. Fearing the worst I put it on and was a little taken back by what I saw in the mirror. It looked good, better than I had expected. Again I was reminded that there was still a lot of work to be done. She marked the width of the straps, the width of the top area, the lower back piece and she pinned the hip & stomach area that was too big.


I had a sleepless night worrying that it was too plain, not my style, too shinny, didn't suit my body etc. But this morning I was reassured by my very best friend J that it will look lovely once its finished. I really really hope that it will otherwise I don't know what I'll do.

My dress will be ready by the end of May, then comes N's suit then each of the bridesmaids dresses.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! It looks beautiful already and just think it's not even finished yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me feel a bit better, thank you so much! I'm seeing her tonight again so I'm nervous to see how it looks now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a great start and there is plenty of time to embellish it if you fear it might be too plain. It's a lovely classic shape from what I can see :)

    ReplyDelete