N's boss asked her to go to DRC (Democratic Republic of Congo) tomorrow! On Christmas!!! She called me to ask if I knew if her DRC visa was still valid, usually the visa's are only valid for about 3 months. Luckily hers has expired. I can't believe that they actually had the audacity to ask her to go on Christmas and especially with what happened last time.
Earlier on in the year they asked her to go to DRC, all she had to do was meet a client over there and hand him a package (it contained a part) then catch the next flight back which was supposed to only be a few hours from when the first flight landed. The idiots at her company booked the wrong flight back!! She had no bag, no clothes, no money (she only had South African Rands and over there "tourists" need US dollars) and no way of contacting me. I was beside myself, I hadn't heard from her since the morning and nor had her company. Eventually late that night she called from Namibia - Namibia!! Namibia is a country that borders South Africa. They flew her there to catch a connecting flight back to SA. Her flight ended up being late and she missed her connecting flight. Eventually they got her into a hotel for the night and she came back the next afternoon.
You have no idea what goes on in these African countries. I've been to Angola for my job before and its terrible, seriously terrible!! DRC is exactly the same, dirty, disorganised and dangerous. So really I think one time was enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment