Sunday, December 27, 2009

Glorious Sunday

What a beautiful day today was. The weather was perfect - hot and sunny. We had late braai followed by hours of laying around and swimming in the pool, it was heavenly. Even though I used SPF30 I still slightly resemble a tomato!

Christmas was lovely! We ate, laughed, played games and had a great day. Christmas Eve on the other hand was not as successful! We got to N's parents place half an hour late and still they had nothing organised. N's mom was in a terrible mood, she was pissed off because the dinner was moved to her place instead of N's sisters (even though it was originally supposed to be at N's mom's place). She didn't have to lift a finger, we all did everything but still she was unhappy. Anyway it did get better toward the end of the night but we said next year we won't go there for Christmas Eve again, this was the last!

N is very positive about the outcome of this cycle's insemination, but I am not. For some reason I just don't feel it, I know its still early days (only a week on Tuesday) but it feels like this isn't the one. I hope I'm wrong. There have been so many BFP's in Blogland that I can't help but feel a little jealous, actually a lot jealous. And so many births too, it almost seems half of the bloggers are either pregnant or just had a baby!

I was reading the fertility forums on Med.He.lp and it was mentioned a couple of times that the HCG shot leaves your body within 10 days. They say the standard dose is 10 000 units and generally 1 000 units leave your body per day. That being said we were hoping to test on Friday, which will be 11 days after the shot and 10 days after the insemination. It sounds a bit soon though but on that forum it seems that people test from 9dpiui and still get BFP's. Any advice on this, or should we just wait the full two weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment