Friday, December 18, 2009

Friday

On Wednesday when we went to M he seemed well. I know when my dad passed away the week between the death and the funeral was so busy sorting all sorts of things out that the events that occurred didn't seem real, only after the funeral did it really sink in that he was gone and never coming back. Maybe that's why M seems the way he does now but after today things will be different, there'll be so many changes and ample heart sore. The funeral is at 10:00 today so I'm hoping he'll be ok to get through it all, he'll have a lot of friends there as support so he won't feel alone.

I know that this is going to effect N badly, she can't handle seeing her friend in such pain so tonight we'll be going to dinner and a movie afterwards (definitely a comedy) to cheer her up. Its another busy weekend with Christmas shopping, seeing friends and a ton of other things to do. We've decided to put in wooden floors in the lounge and dinning room, our cream coloured carpets are just not conducive for us any longer, as beautiful as they are. Luckily my lovely N is very good with all sorts of DIY around the house and so is her dad, together they will install the flooring that we'll buy tomorrow (we got a brilliant deal) in a couple of weeks.

I'm really confused about this whole insemination with the trigger shot thing. I was under the impression that you get the positive OPK then the next day you trigger then 36 hours later you do the insemination. After calling the CryoBank again yesterday (I'm sure they're sick of me by now) they said that on the day of the positive OPK they'll trigger then 36 hours after do the insemination. Is this right??

A nice thing about the CryoBank is that they seem very accommodating. I told her that I usually ovulate on CD12 or CD13, CD12 being Sunday this cycle and she said as long as I call her early enough on Sunday morning we can still do the trigger shot then. Impressive indeed!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment. Generally, the trigger isn't necessary once you have a positive OPK. The trigger shot makes you ovulate, but once you have a positive OPK, you're going to ovulate anyway (so no need to trigger). We generally insem 24 hours after a positive OPK or 36 hours after a trigger (if we don't get the positive opk). I know different clinics have different rules, but you might want to ask about it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll ask them about that, thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete