Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cycle # 2 IUI done!

It went smoothly, no rushing like mad things to get from one place to another, just a nice and relaxed insemination. We got there 10 min early and got started straight away. When he got started and inserted the speculum he asked N if she wanted to have a look, she jumped at the chance and got a good clear view of my cervix. She seemed intrigued and carried on watching until he was finished with the procedure. It was a bit more uncomfortable than the first IUI but I think they all have their own ways of doing it so its expected. I lay down for 30 min this time, much longer than before.

On Saturday when we went to friends of ours for lunch, the pregnant friend asked if I had done all these little things when we tried the first time. I hadn't even heard of some of the things she told me and I'm so sure that they're just myths and that there's no truth to them but there wasn't any harm in trying. So I didn't go to the bathroom afterwards, like I did last time, I waited almost 2 hours (as long as I could before I thought my bladder might burst) and on the way home I lay on the back seat with a pillow under my bum (not a pretty sight with such a small back seat).

So that's it, now for the long two week wait!

4 comments: