Thursday, February 12, 2009

Almost Weekend

I could fall asleep at my desk, seriously. Last night the wind was so crazy. Things got blown over outside, making noises loud enough to wake me every 30 min or so. On my way to work this morning there were a few trees that were blown over, so it wasn't just me thinking it was heavy wind.

Luckily when I got home it wasn't raining so we were able to walk....and walk we did! We briskly walked 4.8km (the majority being uphill). I was exhausted half way through and begged N to carry me but alas she would not.

This week has gone quite quick I suppose and I feel like I'm doing less and less wedding stuff as time goes on. So I called the dressmaker today to confirm that she'll definitely be making my dress. She said the latest we can start is April as she gets very busy from March with matric farewells and other weddings. The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. I also called some suit hire places and asked how far in advance we should come in to make our selection. N wants to wear a white suit, which she'll never wear again so there's no point in buying one, it'll just be a waste. The majority of them suggested no later than June, also because of matric farewells and other weddings.

So for Valentines day we're not really doing anything too exciting. But I am definitely looking forward to it since N is going to cook dinner for me. This is a very rare occasion! I think throughout our relationship she's cooked about 4 times. Of course I don't mind at all (I normally cook and she does the dishes - my very own little dishwasher). We're also not doing gifts, so I've just found some really romantic poems which I'll print out and hide in places she wouldn't expect.

In other news, N's parents want us to go away with them and all their family to a family weekend, a couple of hours drive away. Now I get along well with her family, they're lovely people but do they not realise how tight things are at the moment since we're paying for the whole wedding ourselves?! Ordinarily this wouldn't bother me that much but as N says they paid for her older sisters wedding and they paid for the band at the wedding that we went to a few weeks ago, so surely they could give her something for our wedding??! Just because we're both woman doesn't make it any different. But who knows maybe they'll offer something but whatever happens we definitely won't ask. It all seems a bit unfair to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment