Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Food Glorious Food

Although I'm trying to loose weight I'm drawn to food blogs lately. Hours and hours go by and my hunger just grows and grows! I've tried not to totally deprive myself so I still make all the good stuff, but now I just eat a lot less of it, or try at least. Bread is definitely one of my favourites. I love the smell of bread baking and the soft texture.

Last night I made something a little different, but really good and simple. Its called Peanut Butter Chicken or Peanut Chicken....can't remember. I didn't get a picture of it unfortunately, but here's the recipe:

Peanut Butter Chicken

1 Tbs Olive Oil
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
1 Onion, sliced
4 Tomatoes, peeled and chopped
300ml Chicken Stock
30ml Peanut Butter
4 Chicken Breasts, cut into large chunks (boneless, skinless and sprinkled with chicken spice)
Salt & Pepper

Soften the onion and garlic in the olive oil. Add tomatoes, chicken stock and peanut butter. Allow to cook on a low heat until the tomatoes have softened. Add the chicken breasts and cook through. Season with salt and pepper and serve with rice or honey yeast rolls.

Technically tonight is DIY night but I don't have all that much DIY to do. I need to finish the favours but that can only be done bit by bit as we need to get a bit each month. Other than that all that is to be done for now is the hanging luminaries. Closer to the time I'll do the seating chart, place cards and programs. With 227 days to go I think things are pretty much under control.

Our walk after work yesterday was not as good as usual, I had a headache so we only walked about 20 min. But I have good news on the weight loss subject - I've lost 6kg's!! I weigh in every Sunday morning so I have been tracking it closely. I was so motivated in the beginning but now it seems to be wearing off a bit. I try to remind myself of the loss so far but with all the baking I've been doing its a bit difficult. But none the less I will do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment