Friday, February 20, 2009

It's all in the details

Since I'm feeling more wedding inclined today, I thought I'd look into some reception details. I love the idea of lots of candle light. Our venue is very vintage looking so I think our idea's will fit in well.........or I hope that they will.

This is our venue (I need to get better pics of the inside of the reception area as well as the on site chapel)







It's a large venue property with 3 venues. The one we choose definitely has the best views of the property. This venue has many features such as a river running through it, large green gardens, water features and loads of accommodation for our guests as well as a honeymoon suit for us for the night of the wedding.

For our table decor I want to keep it simple, so I we decided on a simple large round vase with white roses, this will be surrounded by rose scented clear gel candles, which we made in December last year. The table cloths will be white with gold / champagne organza overlays. I was thinking of hiring black table cloths but the cost puts us way out on our budget, so we'll do with what is provided by the venue.

This is the inspiration (with white roses)



Here's a clearer picture of the vase


We'll also be having these charger plates, mostly to incorporate more colour, so that it doesn't look so bland. I've been thinking of ways to incorporate more black but haven't come up with anything yet, although the favours and place cards have black in them, but I want more.

These are the clear gel candles which we made last year


In the making:

Making the candles is quite messy and time consuming (we made 64) but the results are definitely worth it. Plus they burn for soooo long with a light rose scent, nothing over powering.

No comments:

Post a Comment