Wednesday, February 4, 2009

DIY Tuesdays

Last night I folded all the rectangular boxes and half of their lids. Now I have to fold the square ones and their lids. The rectangular ones are for the men's gifts and the square for the women's. Last year I bought the boxes, flat and ready to assemble. I then heat embossed the thank-you note on the lid.



This is what they'll look like once they've been filled and wrapped with ribbon.


I'll do some more tonight and hopefully finish them by the weekend.

For dinner last night I made Corn Chowder. Yum Yum Yum! It was so delicious! Here is how I made it:

1 Tsp Butter
1 Tsp Olive Oil
1 Onion, Chopped
3 Potatoes, Chopped
1 Tin Corn
1 Ear Corn
2 Cups Chicken Stock
2 Cups Low Fat Milk
Salt
Pepper
Powdered Garlic

Soften the onion in the butter and oil. Add potatoes and stock. Cook till potatoes are soft. Add corn and milk. Cook till corn is soft. Liquidise. Season with salt, pepper and garlic to taste. Return to the heat and heat through. Serve with a toasted cheese sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment